Thermoforming Engineering and Design
From Concept to Reality
Design and engineering expertise are fundamental to Penda’s ability to constantly advance the potential of system solutions for our customers.
When you work with Penda, you tap into a technical team with a combined average experience of over 25 years in product and thermoforming design, leveraging a variety of advanced tools to develop optimal concepts and rapid prototypes.
Through innovative applications of materials, process and technology, we work with you to overcome your most challenging requirements and maximize your product’s performance.
Because the challenges you and your customers face are only getting tougher, we’re not about to let up in advancing your success. That’s why, every day, our people are applying their unique capabilities and experience – in materials research, product development and advanced thermoforming techniques-and testing the limits. Working with customers in an increasing array of demanding markets, we’re creating exciting new thermoformed products you may never have thought possible.
Design Tools in Thermoforming Engineering
- Siemens NX CAD, 3D Modeling and Design
- Siemens Advanced Simulation (Nastran) FEA / CAE
- Siemens I-DEAS 3D modeling and design
- Dassault Systemes CATIA V5 3D modeling and design
- Dassault Systemes SolidWorks 3D modeling and design
- PTC Creo (PRO-E) 3D modeling and design
- AutoDesk Inventor and AutoCAD 3D/2D modeling and design
- Accuform T-Sim thermoforming and Blow-Molding simulation / optimization
- STEP & IGES translations to/from any CAD/CAM software
- Multi-axis digital scanning and layout
- CMM multi-axis layout
- 3-Axis CNC milling / 5-axis router
- Multiple OEM Tier-1 TeamCenter-Integration Direct-Connections
- Connections through secure cloud-based file-exchange (Rocket TruFusion, OEM Advantage, Mimecast)
- Color imaging 3D renderings
- ANSI / ISO standard drawing
- Multimedia printing
- 3D Printing
With over 30 years experience in thermoformed products, Penda has the process knowledge to optimize performance of leading-edge materials. You have targeted requirements and costs, and we have the expertise to customize material solutions-including the ability to create multiple layers of materials.
Penda has a record of proven success helping customers reduce material and tooling costs through material conversion-converting parts from metal, fiberglass and other materials to thermoformed plastic.
Among the advantages Penda can deliver:
- Reduced part weight
- Enhanced structural integrity
- Easier, less expensive tooling
- Recyclable and recycled materials
- Numerous secondary finishing requirements eliminated
Combining engineering skills with an extensive in-house tooling facility, Penda’s rapid prototyping capabilities are second to none.
The key advantage: you can review fit and function to ensure your material, process and part are just right before making an investment in hard tooling.
Our most innovative products stem from the work done at Studio 540. Our team of industrial designers develops the most cutting-edge automotive solutions for custom OEM applications. Working with many leading automotive brands, we have experience in many aspects of automotive design and implementation.
Ram Box Storage
Design, build and validate inner fender storage box system for Dodge trucks.
Working within a restricted timeline of 18 months from concept to production. Develop custom materials to meet thermal, strength, and impact requirements.