Reduce. Reuse. Recycle.
Penda is committed to sound environmental practices in all our operations. This will, in turn, provide an improved environment for our associates and the community. Penda is certified to the ISO 14001 requirements for an Environmental Management System (EMS).
Environmental Policy Objectives
Penda is committed to a triple bottom line approach that will help protect our environment for our associates and our community. Our environmental policy focuses on continuous improvement for the environmental management system within the scope of the sale, design and manufacture of large part thermoformed products. To accomplish this we strive to do the following:
- Comply with all applicable legal requirements and other requirements related to the environment, which relate to the environmental aspects
- Reduce waste and prevent pollution by purchasing and using recycled plastics in the manufacture of our products, producing products that are 100% recyclable and reusing all scrap generated internally.
- Provide a framework for setting and reviewing environmental objectives and targets
- Develop and maintain the EMS appropriately to the nature, scale and environmental impacts of its activities, products and services
- Provide communication and training to associates and those working on behalf of the organization about our environmental policy and the importance of environmental compliance as required by the Environmental Management System
ISO 14001 Environmental Management System (EMS) is a systematic framework to manage the immediate and long term environmental impacts of an organization’s products, services and processes. All of Penda’s facilities are certified to ISO 14001 requirements.
In House Recycling
All of the scrap and trim material is being recycled within our facility and reused in production.
On daily basis, the company runs 30% virgin, 20% compound and 50% internal regrind material.